GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Ann: POSCO Transaction Complete, page-270

1. 749 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 247
    Do we think that having a proper Marketing team is going to make the company more profitable, make the share price go up and would have saved us from the last industry downturn? Personally, I don't.

Could the company be better at managing its communications. Yes, absolutely.

I have pretty far reaching access within Linkedin and I searched Marketing and Communication at Galaxy. The only profile that came up is the following (name omitted to protect privacy) ...

Office Manager/Executive Assistant
    Galaxy Resources Limited

March 2009 – Present(9 years 11 months)
    General Administrative and Secretarial Responsibilities - Providing high level of administrative and secretarial support to the Managing Director and the Senior Management team - Managed phone and email correspondences for executives
    - Assisting executives in diary management, meeting, and travel arrangements (both domestic and international), travel itinerary and organising business conference/exhibition - Maintaining expense claims and credit card reconciliations for executives
    - Coordinating meetings, consolidating and drafting minutes for executives
    - Document control for contracts, files, trademark certificates, policies and procedures - Maintaining and monitoring statutory records to ensure compliance with ASX’s statutory requirements
    - Organising corporate events such as the Annual General Meeting, Ground Breaking Ceremony, and Grand Opening of the mine site
    - Preparing annual and quarterly reports, announcements and circulars - Updating company’s website (via the website editing software Contribute) - Arranging domestic and international courier and postal deliveries
    - Organising business luncheons and dinners for executives and guests - Liaising and coordinating with external parties such as suppliers, contractors, clients, insurance brokers regarding the compliance of insurance policy
    - Office stock control Chinese Language Support -
    Providing Chinese/English translations for corporate documents such as fund raising memorandum, business contracts, presentation slideshows, marketing materials, emails, company’s website, and market news
    - Providing instant bilingual interpretation in meetings, telephone conferences, luncheons, and corporate events
    - Travelled to China and Taiwan with executives for site selection and meeting clients and government officials and hence provided bilingual interpretations

So it does appear that the person responsible for Marketing company news and updating the company website is the Office Manager / Exec Assistant and this is just one of her many responsibilities.

AT is in my Linked network. I could suggest that he spends some of the POSCO proceeds on a Marketing, PR and Comms Adviser. Is this $100k - $150k well spent? It probably won't make the share price go up but will make us (as owners of the company) feel better updated. Open to views.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.