GAL 0.00% 18.5¢ galileo mining ltd

Ann: Positive Assay Results Continue at Callisto Discovery, page-121

1. 590 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 702
    I sympathise with you trying to learn about mineral exploration - it is complex and difficult and reading about it is like reading an unknown foreign language. I'll answer your questions as best I can but don't be dispirited by the answers.

Rh is likely to be found wherever there is Pd and Pt, and in this ultramafic host rock they appear to be found towards and at the contact with underlying sedimentary rocks. Higher grade Rh may be found in both the RC drilling and the DD drilling.

The surface layer at Callisto and surrounds is a Ni Co laterite deposit which was probably formed by exposure of Ni sulphide minerals to the atmosphere in tropical temperatures over a long period of time leading to oxidation/leaching to a Ni laterite, I'd google laterite nickel deposits to see how they differ from sulphide nickel. The DD will not find Ni Co laterite.

I'm not so sure that entrapments are very relevant here. They are usually sought when looking for komatiite nickel as has normally been the case at Norseman and Kambalda for a long time. (I would google komatiite nickel). Komatiite rocks are extrusive ultramafics formed from lava flows at the surface and apparently komatiite lava has the consistency of water and hence the interest in entrapment depressions where such a lava could easily collect. A reason why Callisto is touted as indicating a new province is we have found mineralisation within an intrusive non-komatiite ultramafic.

You Tube is a great source of videos to learn from.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GAL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $36.56M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.5¢ 18.5¢ 17.5¢ $59.82K 330.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3000 18.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.0¢ 25000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.31pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GAL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.