BNO 0.00% 1.0¢ bionomics limited

Something that is bugging me about BNC210 is that it appears to...

1. 963 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Something that is bugging me about BNC210 is that it appears to work too well. This might not seem like it is an issue, so I'll try and explain.
    To me the human balance has evolved to have multitudes of components that keep the whole organism in balance. One of those balancing elements is fear which as circumstances change become more 'threatening' kicks in as anxiety. Fear/anxiety is one of the major differences between humans and intelligent robots. If humans beings had not had this chemical 'balancing process', our species would have ceased to exist eons ago - we would have been excessively guided by cerebral logic, and taken excessive chances and consequently ended up destroying ourselves. BNC210 seems to greatly reduce anxiety (the fear of threats) in patients suffering excessive (unbalanced) anxiety. This is desirable. What I am afraid of is that if this drug was taken by people with normal levels of anxiety, then those people would experience reduced fear of consequences, have less reservations and consequently end up engaging in more higher risk activities. I am not just talking about sex and drugs, I am talking about middle aged men feeling like they are 18 again, having that feeling that they are indestructible then actually driving their super-cars at 200km/hr. I am talking about soldiers and other combatants such as suicide bombers feeling indestructible and taking greater risks, about children playing "frogger" with real cars. Chemically reducing fear may not be all it is cracked up to be.
    Please comment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BNO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.