ATH 0.00% 0.4¢ alterity therapeutics limited

Unfortunately, I think management didn't think this through very...

1. 60 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    Unfortunately, I think management didn't think this through very well and scuppered any potential for positive momentum when they sold into the result, which was done through ATHE. Market took that as a negative and are now of the view that ATH is desperate to raise capital in the near term. They haven't sold or communicated the practical application of the drug very well either, ie its potential application for Parkinson's sufferers.

Their communication and capital strategy should have been worked on weeks and months in advance of the announcement. Instead, they flew by the seat of their pants and we now have a SP that is lower than pre (positive) announcement. How?!

We now trade at a market cap of $21.28m with $18m in the bank and we are within 6 months of a Phase II read out. Compare this to some other Biotechs that are at a similar stage or earlier, less capitalised than ATH, and trade at a mkt cap of $100m-$200m+.

IMO, a change or addition to the Board that represents shareholders is required. I cant believe I am writing that, as that is one of the fundamental responsibilities of any Board member in the first place. Instead, we have Kempler who takes his $100k pa Chairman's fee, on top of the $1m redundancy from a few years back, Stammler who receives his $700k pa salary, and we get this amateur hour approach to capital management.

Tough to stay positive against that backdrop. Can only HOPE that the term it's darkest before dawn rings true in this case. I have my doubts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $21.28M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ $4 935

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
116 101983807 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 21100397 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.47am 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.