RCE 0.00% 54.5¢ recce pharmaceuticals ltd

Alright, perspective time. This isn't the big one, all the Covid...

1. 166 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 267
    Alright, perspective time. This isn't the big one, all the Covid stuff is just a bonus to see what happens when you throw Recce at it. R327 did okay, but keep in mind that drug was developed for sepsis. R529 did better, that's their anti-viral version. The point of this study wasn't to completely cure the virus or anything, that would be a good result but not really good data. Doses would be much higher if that was their objective. Instead just some slightly increasing dosages to see a positive correlation, without bringing safety into the equation and muddying the results. "Effectiveness" and "safety" need separate studies. Once you do the safety study and figure out how much you can actually dose, then you can do a full dose study and see if that cures it.

We've done toxicity studies before https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ann-positive-data-from-recce-327-antibiotic-safety-studies.5216299/ and the rats in that study had a 4,000 mg/kg dose without negative effect, and only started dying at 12,000 mg/kg. Considerably more than our hamsters, that had only 400mg/kg of R327. If we put 4,000 into our hamsters I'm sure it would have a MUCH bigger reduction in viral load, but would negative side effects be due to the virus or the high dose of R327? It muddies the data. Test one thing at a time.

Nice announcement, but it's really just another data point to add to the pile. It's the Phase I/II burns and IV trials in humans that are the big ones.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RCE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
54.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $111.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
56.0¢ 56.0¢ 54.0¢ $5.244K 9.636K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 6582 54.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
55.0¢ 6820 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.42am 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RCE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.