AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

A few thing to notice right away these are prelim results and...

1. 24,192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5566
    A few thing to notice right away these are prelim results and more metallurgical work needs to be done. So when making comparison Ive attempted to compare with other peers at the same stage of prelim results to be fair where possible if not I'll state it.

Iron Content

Iron is viewed as a contaminant and high iron grades are not good for batteries. For Battery grade lithium you need Fe203 to be below 0.5% after all processing and magnetic separation is done. AVZ samples tested were 0.4% Fe203 BEFORE magnetic separation.

The upper end of requirements for the Glass/Ceramic industry require lower level of 0.06 – 0.17% Fe203 to be viable.

PLS - Ore post flotation grade stated as 0.37% Fe203 After Mag separation the were able to achieve 0.11% Fe2043 which was in the range of battery grade plus the high level Glass/Ceramic requirements. PLS identified some contamination being introduced via the drilling and grinding process. That is wear and tear of steel drill bits and crushing contained etc. The used not steel for crushing /grinding to reduce Fe content. PLS were able to reduce the FE203 content by 71% after Mag separation.

AVZ - Post flotation grade stated as 0.4% Fe203. AVZ has not mentioned anything about drilling and crushing contamination so I assume it could be reduced further (pre-mag separation) if allowance are made for this. It would seem on the face of it that these samples will be able to produce the Spec required for high end Glass/Ceramic easily as well a the lower Spec requirements for Battery of 0.5% Fe203.

TAW - Post flotation reported their ore in 2 categories high and low grade ore. High grade ore reported Fe203 as 0.4 - 0.54% and Low grade ore as FE203 0.31-1.25%. Similarly TAW did not mention drill bit and crush/grind FE contamination.

I have picked PLS and TAW for Fe comparison as they are the best of the ASX players in terms of concentrate produced.

Conclusion on info presented.
    AVZ will be able to achieve concentrate with FE203 at such low levels that both 0.5% battery grade and the 0.06 – 0.17% Glass/Ceramic grade will easily be possible Post Mag separation. The Glass Ceramic market attracts a high price that battery grade for concentrate. AVZ is amongst the best for Low FE203.
    Last edited by Freehold: 21/05/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.