BIT 0.00% 5.4¢ biotron limited

I don't think BIT will be releasing a lot of fanfare. They are...

1. 11,026 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 668
    I don't think BIT will be releasing a lot of fanfare. They are rightly tight with money. Promotional activity costs money. These guys do a hell of a lot with very little money, if you look at their financial reports. They milk every sample they can get their hands on for as much information as possible. It costs a lot to move faster. I think this approach makes a lot of sense. Plenty of other biotechs go through a lot of cash, and gain heaps more attention. One benefit of lower promotional activity is that the market cap is very low, if you are looking for value, while big pharma will not even glance at glossy announcements anyway. Another good thing is that cash outflows will soon reduce as these trials are completed.

I think the results today are very positive and speak for themselves. The possible negatives are:
    1. That they need their cash topped up. I'd hope they get an underwriter for the options, or entice early exercise. I doubt they will raise before we at least have the other preliminary HIV results. This one is not a surprise!
    2. That the results are preliminary - which implies more time required to generate the final trial results, and then speak to potential backers with a full information deck. Not sure how much longer! Usually longer than the optimists expect.
    3. We don't know the reason for one withdrawal. Possibly BIT don't know precisely the cause that lead the other patient to withdraw. Safety and tolerability - no SAEs is what we expected. I'm not sure what percent of patients typically withdraw from Dolutegravir-based Combination Antiretroviral Therapy (cART). If somebody knows. I know that about 24% of HIV sufferers are not on ART - but many of these may be due to poverty - not sure.

Will be exercising my options, as I want to give the company some extra cash - not that my cash would be material.

OK - the massive positive today - that this trial has succeeded double blind! A lot of clinical trials fall over at the double blind stage for various reasons.

30 million people are on ART around the world. $3 from each person and we have our market cap.

Congratulations to the Biotron team!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $48.72M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.4¢ 5.2¢ $2.393K 44.94K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 19600 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.6¢ 188178 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.15pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.4¢
  Change
0.000 ( 3.85 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.4¢ 5.4¢ 5.2¢ 120722
Last updated 15.15pm 03/05/2024 ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.