BIT 3.70% 5.6¢ biotron limited

I feel this announcement to be somewhat positive. BIT225 has...

1. 1,747 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 401
    I feel this announcement to be somewhat positive.

BIT225 has been observed to reduce viral RNA detected in blood more rapidly between days 14 - 56 after commencing cART compared to the control group. It is understood that the initial 3 to 14 days post-infection are crucial for reservoir establishment. Swift viral clearance post-infection is vital to limit the size and diversity of HIV reservoirs, ultimately leading to better long-term health outcomes with lower viral loads. The BIT225-010 study indicates a faster viral decay, which is promising. However, the exact duration of HIV acquisition among study participants is unknown, although they were cART naive upon initiating BIT225 treatment. It is interesting to me that the viral loads rapidly reduce 14-56 days after starting cART and BIT225 since the second phase of decay is 1- 14 days.

If we consider that Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) offers an 80% cure rate if initiated within 72 hours of HIV acquisition. BIT225 may extend this window by rapidly reducing virus counts before reservoir establishment, potentially leading to an improved cure rate for the acutely infected (<72hours). Additionally, early treatment with BIT225/cART could result in longer-term lower viral counts or even a cure if commenced before termination of the second phase of decay - maybe. Study 010 provides a strong case for administering BIT225 to every individual starting cART, PEP, whether in the acute (<72hrs) or recently acquired (less than 14 days) stage.

Although the secondary endpoint was not statistically significant, the BIT225-010 trial, spanning 24 weeks, primarily targets the first and second phases of decay. The third phase extends up to 63 weeks, with a hypothetical fourth phase occurring years later. It is unfeasible to prove BIT225's effect on HIV reservoirs, particularly considering the potential longevity of latent CD4 infected T cells.

Regarding the immune-modifying effect of BIT225 seen in 009 and 010, I assume this means enhancement to overall immune response against viral infections, but its impact on latent infected CD4 T cells remains uncertain for me. However, an overall improved immune system in a compromised one suggests demand for BIT225, particularly so, if there is nothing else on the market.

The forthcoming study 011, focuses on chronically infected individuals, likely cART experienced, with higher viral loads and more diverse reservoirs. Do we assume a chronically infected individual is due to treatment delay or has developed or acquired a DGT resistant strain of HIV. Resistent ART naive (prior treatment/first presentation) and ART experienced patients is increasing according to WHO. Resistance levels vary a lot amongst the HIV-1 subtypes ABCD mostly non B subtypes. I wonder if the subtypes and DGT resistance in the next study will be below our pay grade and what the outcome of this trial for this clinical group? I'm going to guess we see the same overall immune improvement and lower viral counts. BIT225 might be a useful second-line treatment for the chronically unwell. There are other newer drugs than DGT based cART so this also needs to be considered.

After sitting and thinking about this announcement and not focusing on the SP, I'm happy to acquire a few more on Monday. I sold my oppies for a good price today and looking to buy more BIT with the proceeds. The outcome is better than I thought yesterday, last week, last month and last year and well, last decade.......

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.6¢
Change
0.002(3.70%)
Mkt cap ! $50.52M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.6¢ 5.6¢ 5.2¢ $51.10K 945.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4281 5.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.7¢ 625000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.6¢
  Change
0.002 ( 3.70 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.2¢ 5.6¢ 5.2¢ 183067
Last updated 15.53pm 06/05/2024 ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.