RAP 0.00% 20.5¢ raptor resources limited

Ann: Positive Preliminary Results from SMARTCOUGH-C-2 Study, page-290

Currently unlisted. Proposed listing date: 4 SEPTEMBER 2024 #
  1. 3,769 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1149
    Actually I would like to add to this.

In 1989 I sold a Kawasaki GPZ 1000 motorbike after owning a year in order to buy a computer.

I was working at Taxi's Combined and also doing traffic reports on Radio 2GB in those days and one day they wheeled in a bunch of computers to the taxi radio room and taught us how to use them to dispatch taxis to customers.

I suddenly realised that my job was in extreme danger....they were going to replace me at some stage and I was teaching them how to do it. Well I decided to get ahead and sold my bike and bought my first PC. It cost a bomb but I spend every hour I could on it to teach myself how to use it. There was no courses in those days and the tech course I applied for after a year was so useless that the teacher told me I knew more than him.

One year later I left the taxi business and got into IT and have been there ever since. My job was eventually outsourced to a computer program but I was happily ahead of the trend.

I won't be the last to see that happen.....but I was part of the first wave that had it happen to them.

So yes AI will replace many things....doctors? They are already in many facets. Robotic surgery is common now. X-ray analysis is becoming common. Computer check bloods now and have for years.

So don't think something like AI should be discounted....only a fool would do that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.