MEK 1.52% 3.4¢ meeka metals limited

Great to see further results coming out from this exploration....

1. 38 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Great to see further results coming out from this exploration. REE is a bonus on top of the gold.

I would have liked to have seen a more open declaration on, is the REE - ionic or not? Given that there are no salt leach test results announced here, that is the first glimpse of an answer to the question.

Second, when comparing company overviews on this versus earlier company announcements, the expression 'ionic clay' has been dropped.

This announcement:

"Meeka controls the Cascade Rare Earths Project (2,068km2) in a region that is rapidly emerging as a highly prospective clay rare earths province."

Last reference to ionic clay was on the 3rd May 2022 announcement, prior to ANSTO announcement:

"In addition to gold exploration in the Albany-Fraser, the Company controls the Cascade REE Project, 2,068km2 of exploration tenure in a region that is rapidly emerging as a highly prospective ionic clay type rare earths province."

When did they make this realisation? If this is correct, why wasn't it disclosed? The management team have been doing a brilliant job to date of drilling and delivering results. I continue to back this team but the lack of a clear, open declaration in the shift of REE ionic properties is either a terrible oversight best, or disingenuous at worst. That is, if this read is correct.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they make of these deposits, primarily the gold and the REE. For what its worth, more detail on extraction method and a plan detailing the economic viability of the clay based REE based on MEK's best assessments (including with its reagent requirements). Clearly, more work is to be done on the REE viability - it remains highly prospective.

But I also hope that, based on the interpretation above, it stops the market drawing comparisons between MEK's discovery and other other ionic clay based REE deposits nationally, and internationally. As far as I can see, it's just not comparing apples with apples.

My two cents. DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.4¢
Change
0.001(1.52%)
Mkt cap ! $41.36M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.1¢ 3.4¢ 3.1¢ $13.39K 417.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 159669 3.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.4¢ 316903 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.48pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.