LOM 2.33% 4.2¢ lucapa diamond company limited

IMO these 'advisory' services such as Far East Capital rely on a...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 5,060 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 299
    IMO these 'advisory' services such as Far East Capital rely on a cyclic customer base that subscribes for a short term and realises how crap they are and cancels rather than maintaining a long term clientele.

In my early days of share market investing I subscribed to one such publication that kept making predictions like "1472% gain in next 3 years" or some equally precise analysis based on back of the envelope type maths. One prediction in particular caught my attention - not even mentioning the obvious capex for a huge project and looking only at the expected revenue.

I wrote to them in disgust about such incompetence, received no reply and promptly cancelled, thus forming my opinion stated above about such services.

That said, I think they may have some value if you're into day trade shorting. Some of them have enough sheeple that blindly buy their recommendations to push a marginally liquid stock up a fraction. Wait for the pump, go short and cover on the dump. Today's +3 pips is probably a case in point.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LOM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.