RCE 0.00% 54.5¢ recce pharmaceuticals ltd

That's excellent news, and I'm glad it helped save a life....

1. 166 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 267
    That's excellent news, and I'm glad it helped save a life. Something worth thinking about is that many drugs and treatments out there have side effects, even quite serious side effects, but we still use those drugs because they provide an overall benefit. If Recce can stop bacterial infections that no other drug can, then a bit of temporary irritation is nothing. The treatment cured the infection when no other antibiotic did, that's the important thing. It gives me confidence that at the very least Recce can find its way into the hospital system as a last resort for antibiotic-resistant bacteria, and that alone is a company maker. It's a start. From there the safer it is shown to be then the broader the applications and the bigger it becomes... but of course we're nowhere near that stage yet.

As an aside, we know that the vast majority of drugs that pass animal trials never make it through all phases of human testing, something like 92% fail. Out of interest I decided to do a bit of research as to why. A major reason is that they simply don't work at all, not surprising. But it's worth mentioning that not all drugs are equal, and cancer drugs especially really drag down the average. Cancer is complicated, and it's not surprising so many of them fail due to just not having much of an effect. Another major reason is financial, drugs are very competitive and if a superior rival drug gets approved, or if early studies show it's not good enough to beat existing drugs on the market, then companies will abandon them. Recce is certainly not getting abandoned, it's the companies only drug! And a novel drug in an unloved sector is unlikely to be beaten by a competitor. Another major issue is being unable to get a proper trial going, finding patients to dose can be difficult. MSB have been having trouble with that. But for us, not a big concern, antibiotics are easy to test. Safety is one of least likely issues, as generally most drugs with obvious toxicity issues are caught in the preclinical stage. Recce has many different dosage methods (nasal, IV, topical) and it shouldn't be surprising that drugs that have to be injected have more toxicity issues than topical drugs.

Now obviously I'm not saying that Recce is a sure thing, but if you dig a bit deeper the odds are better than you might think. Broad statements like "X% of drugs fail" doesn't tell the whole story. Be prepared for the possibility that you could lose all your money, there are plenty of unknown factors that could put an early end to the dream, but the current share price remains an excellent risk/reward gamble for the speculative side of your portfolio.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RCE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
54.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $111.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
56.0¢ 56.0¢ 54.0¢ $5.244K 9.636K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 18524 52.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
55.0¢ 11364 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.42am 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RCE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.