SGR 1.46% 50.8¢ the star entertainment group limited

Hello all, first time posting about SGR.The company made $1.5...

1. PMW
    220 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Hello all, first time posting about SGR.

The company made $1.5 billion in revenue last financial year despite the lockdowns. It still has $3.5 billion in net assets and $82 million in the bank notwithstanding its revenues for this year. It didn't make positive EBITDA in FY21-22 but we all know what went on in that year and that was the first time in over 10 years it ran at any sort of loss. Notwithstanding the possibility of a takeover in the future, if it had to SGR would have no problems getting investment from debt facilities or capital raising.

The quite rightful fines SGR has to pay, its costs of returning to legal and moral compliance and the (as yet unknown as to the details) NSW gambling tax will leave it in the doldrums for a while but I don't think there is any real risk of SGR going bankrupt. Not even NSW treasury wants to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs. If you are willing to wait and even dollar cost average in for the next few years, especially at these prices I think the risk reward for SGR is pretty good long term.
    Last edited by PMW: 20/12/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.