3DP 3.08% 6.3¢ pointerra limited

I mailed the company yesterday for some colour on the Tweet.This...

1. 5,639 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2841
    I mailed the company yesterday for some colour on the Tweet.

This should help everyone better understand where this is going and the potential for both Pointerra and Nearmap.

Seems to me the collaboration has a complimentary longer term view designed to benefit both companies.

Emphasis in bold is mine:

NEA are turning their oblique imagery into 3D imagery using photogrammetry to create a 3D mesh. We happily host 3D mesh datasets, as well as 3D data in point cloud form, along with a host of maps/models/analytics that are derived from either type of 3D data.

We met with NEA yesterday to talk about how to join their 3D mesh (where it exists- ie where they have coverage) with customer data we host in the same area to see if there are additional questions we can answer or problems we can solve to grow sales for both 3DP and NEA.

As you can imagine, NEA imagery (and the 2D/3D material they derive from it) which is captured at circa 10,000 feet is great for covering city and regional areas, but doesn’t provide the level of precision that a drone or mobile/terrestrial laser scanner will.

Our customers use all types of data and NEA’s 3D data (3D mesh and a 3D point cloud derived from it) has value for some of our customers to answer some problems/questions however it is far from “the answer” - survey firms will continue to produce high-resolution 3D data, engineering firms will continue to use it as will asset owners/operators. NEA is already used by these groups and they’re now expanding their product suite and capability.

Our SaaS platform strategy remains constant: Grow our 3 revenue pillars - DaaS, AaaS and our data marketplace. The latter may well be done in conjunction withNEA and they appear keen to pursue this, especially in the US.

Last edited by writer: 07/06/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 3DP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.3¢
Change
-0.002(3.08%)
Mkt cap ! $50.71M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.3¢ 6.4¢ 6.3¢ $31.54K 500.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 40929 6.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.4¢ 200000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
3DP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.