RAC 2.92% $1.94 race oncology ltd

New cancer drug formulations to be tested in Wollongong labs...

1. 227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 179
    New cancer drug formulations to be tested in Wollongong labs

https://www.ihmri.org.au/new-cancer-drug-formulations-to-be-tested-in-wollongong-labs/

Released: 31 March 2022 (I do not know how I missed this and apologises if it has already been posted.)

UOWand IHMRI researchers look to improve delivery methods of anti-cancerdrug Zantrene®

Researchersfrom the University of Wollongong(UOW) and the Illawarra Healthand Medical Research Institute (IHMRI) will soon be undertakingpre-clinical evaluation of new Zantrene® formulations designed byRace Oncology as part ofa new research collaboration.

Theprogram will be led by ProfessorMarie Ranson from UOW’s School of Chemistry and MolecularBioscience in partnership with Race Oncology’s Principal Scientist,Professor Michael Kelso, a former UOW academic and IHMRI affiliatedresearcher.

Professor Ranson is an esteemed cancer biologist based at IHMRI, withextensive experience in drug development and formulation.

“This is an exciting and valuable collaboration for Race as wedevelop new Zantrene® formulations and expand our pipeline. We arevery much looking forward to working with Professor Ranson on thisimportant program,” says Race Oncology’s Chief ScientificOfficer, Dr Daniel Tillett.

Race Oncology is developing new Zantrene® formulations that offerthe potential for long-acting peripheral (IV) administration in anoutpatient setting. Current administration of Zantrene® requires theuse of a central venous catheter in a hospital setting. While this isstandard practice for the delivery of many chemotherapy drugs,longer-acting and more patient-friendly routes of administration aredesirable.

The collaboration also aims to advance development of formulationapproaches that could allow Zantrene® to be delivered orally.

“Zantrene® shows immense promise as an effective new cancer drug,the opportunity to work with Race to develop new drug formulationsthat could translate into tangible benefits for cancer patients isextremely exciting,” says Professor Ranson.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.