MAH 3.64% 28.5¢ macmahon holdings limited

Ann: Preferred Contractor for Christmas Creek Min, page-39

1. 6,591 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 256
    re: Ann: Preferred Contractor for Christmas C... "...and it happened twice!"

Yes, MAH has downgraded their profit guidance twice in the past 2 years, but both the October 2010 and September 2012 profit guidance downgrades came as a result of issues in MAH's construction work. The downgrade in April 2009 was due to backlash in the industry during the GFC.

As I said in another post, MAH's mining division is leaps and bounds ahead of its construction division. Their mining services deliver an 8% margin before tax while their construction services deliver a 2.5% margin. The inherent risk of working this contract is far smaller than the contract that saw MAH cop a hiding in September. If we are to look at the prior trends that are relevant to this project (i.e. observing MAH's mining performance instead of their construction performance), it should succeed, not fail. The only risk I see is that we miss out on the contract, but for MAH to come out and promote the opportunity of receiving it does demonstrate that their confident in getting the go-ahead.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
28.5¢
Change
0.010(3.64%)
Mkt cap ! $614.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
27.5¢ 28.5¢ 27.3¢ $373.7K 1.332M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 8714 28.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
29.0¢ 349575 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MAH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.