JBH 1.77% $80.98 jb hi-fi limited

Correct me if im wrong anyone, but of course EPS are up, If JB...

1. 41 Posts.
    Correct me if im wrong anyone, but of course EPS are up, If JB bought back $173m worth, that took out 10.8m shares from the market. so if its a per share earnings and there are less shares obviously it will go up. So far as far i can see their investment, at a price of $16.00 hasnt gone too well as prices are now lower. And as far as I can see in their cash flow statement, $162.4m was borrowed to pay for the shares, so a simple debt for equity swap. Which on paper looks good for EPS and and more DPS. But its all debt funded.
    And did anyone else notice the Net profit is actually down, on page 3 consolidated NPAT afer signifacnt item is actually down 7.5% ( from $118.7m to $109.7m) Which takes out the clive anthony's one off restructuring charge. Which again correct me if im wrong but its paid from clive anthony's (which they own) back to JB, so this extra $24.7m after tax profit really isnt a profit at all if you consolidate it with its subsidary.
    Another interesting point is they went from 141 stores to 157 stores, so a total of an 11% increase, yet their sales went up by only 9.9%, so per store decreased a little bit.

Dont get me wrong, I like the JB story and have shares in the company, and there are so many positives, a big one is their cost of business being the lowest of all elec retail stores, and has only been coming down.
    But there are some things I dont like in there and some things to think about

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JBH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$80.98
Change
1.410(1.77%)
Mkt cap ! $8.853B
Open High Low Value Volume
$79.77 $81.12 $78.98 $21.06M 261.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 40 $80.90

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$81.00 4485 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
JBH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.