ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,163 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 105
    In a recent post I "speculated " that if the partners were to drill only sandstone wells for the next year or so of the quality of the "45" WBext S prospects(including these wells as the core of the drilling,of course ) our production should go from 600 bopd to 800 if ALRO allows us to restart the shut-in production,then on to over 3000 bopd,plus, from the new drills.

I specifically excluded any gains from "workovers" of existing Horizontal volcanic wells for the installation of ICDs-a hard-to-quantify extra until we see how intensive and successsful that workover programme will be but still with a feel that ECO are putting the pressure on in this key area .
    A possible , more speculative figure could have been well clear of 3500 bopd.
    Nice to see CVN talking of 3000 bopd BY THE END OF THE CALENDAR YEAR,from a disiplined approach.
    The 3 Thai licences in the partnership probably represent 80% of CVNs assets.
    If these 3 licences can start to regain their former cash cow status,and Phoenix show decent OIL potential from sandstone layers in home waters, then CVN may find itself in a position to pull oil out of Phoenix way ahead of any gas and without being reliant on others.
    While Phoenix is just a gas prospect CVN is a tiddler swimming with the barramundi in the gas world(no disrespect to WPL intended).
    Im rapt in the twin,parralel,prospects of oil from sandstones in 2 countries.Also the chance that Phoenix would be substantially derisked by oil discoveries/production and and the likely start-up date for positive cash flow enhanced hugely in all probability.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.