SBB 0.00% 1.2¢ sunbridge group limited

Yes I know I just looked it up. Written by a different guy than...

1. 735 Posts.
    Yes I know I just looked it up. Written by a different guy than before. I am not registered for motley but can see the entire article anyway for some reason. I am posting it here for others.

When you see a company release its full-year earnings report at 7:15pm on the last day of earnings season, it’s almost never a good sign. Sunbridge Group Ltd (ASX: SBB) shareholders will be bemoaning this fact as the Chinese company’s shares sank 23% on Monday morning to an all-time low of 5.3 cents per share.
    Our Foolish team has looked into Sunbridge group in the past and raised a few questions, but in isolation of that, the reason for the fall in share price appears to be a combination of higher than expected renovation costs, lower than expected revenue growth and the lack of dividends paid out.
    Results
    The highlights of Sunbridge’s full-year results were:
    • Revenue up 6% on prior corresponding period (PCP) to $84.24 million
    • Statutory net profit after tax (NPAT) of $8.4 million down 40% on the PCP due to extensive store renovation program
    • Underlying/operational profit result still solid at $15.37 million up from $13.9 million in 2013
    • Balance sheet strong, with cash on hand and equivalents of $29.3 million
    • Increase in number of self-owned stores continues – now 71 out of over 420 outlets
    Piles of Cash
    One of the most intriguing parts of the Sunbridge business is its $30 million cash hoard, which it says is being preserved for a number of potential strategic acquisitions during 2015. With 471,738,000 shares outstanding, the cash holding is equivalent to 6.36 cents per share (if my basic maths is correct).
    At the current price of 5.3 cents per share and combined with 1.7 cents per share of after-tax profit in the last year, Sunbridge looks like an absolute bargain!
    Investor Concerns
    Despite trading at a price to earnings ratio of just 3.1 and having more cash on hand than its market capitalisation, investors still sold off the company on Monday. My belief is that this is due to the uninspiring results and unease surrounding what acquisitions the group might aim to make.
    Despite it's apparent cheapness, I'm not yet convinced that Sunbridge has what it takes to be a great investment. Luckily, the Motley Fool's top analysts have just completed a brand-new free report on their top pick for 2015. Be among the first to get the name and code right now. (Hint: It's a sexy ASX tech company!) Simply click here for your FREE copy... BEFORE the investing crowd gets wind of this!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SBB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.