ARB 0.74% $47.85 arb corporation limited.

Ann: Preliminary Final Report, page-13

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 4,286 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 466
    Continuing on:

"In fact, I think the groundwork has been laid for the next generation of growth; specifically, with the doubling of the capacity of the manufacturing plant in Thailand in recent years, as well as the establishment of new distribution centers in the US and in eastern Europe over the past 12 months, means that Sales sourced outside of Australia currently comprise 33% of Total Group Sales, which almost double the percentage of three years ago (17.4%)."

Maybe I'm not reading this correctly. I take the proportion of sales derived from exports from the figures provided at the front of the annual report, not from the notes of segment information. My understanding is that the bulk of the Thailand sales are actually for sale in Australia (intersegmental revenue), so they are not exports in any real sense. This doesn't really change the strength of your argument, to any great degree, but I would like to clarify regardless.

Based on these notes, for the FY2015 and for the half year D2014, my estimate of export revenue, is as follows:

half year D2014: 22%
    half year J2015: 27%
    full year FY2015: 25%

Yes, perhaps i'm nitpicking....

"Firstly, the Thailand operations (which now account of 15% of Group Sales Revenue) have consistently generated EBIT margins that are higher than margins in the Australian business, although the gap has narrowed over time:"

Further to my prior statements, I don't believe we can use the Thailand margins as indicative of export sales. It seems, a substantial proportion of export sales are booked to Australia, and as such are not identified in the segment notes. The best guess that I can make, about export margins, are from the sales to Europe and to the USA, which are separately booked to those regions.

As you've already stated, Europe is showing promise, though from a very low base, whilst the USA is much more erratic, and it would seem, less profitable. Though I do note your comments about the possibility of US costs getting out of step with sales, due to "growing pains" (as sales have shown healthy growth).

So I agree, exports are showing glimmers of hope, on both the European side, and the US side. We do need to keep in mind though, that combined, they represent about 14% of sales and less than 4% of EBIT.

Cheers

Mars
    Last edited by MarsC: 06/10/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$47.85
Change
0.350(0.74%)
Mkt cap ! $3.939B
Open High Low Value Volume
$47.33 $48.03 $47.11 $5.568M 116.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 506 $47.73

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$47.99 235 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.