BYL 0.00% 8.0¢ brierty limited

In 2015 I exchanged posts on the issue of BYL's high head-office...

1. 4,233 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1230
    In 2015 I exchanged posts on the issue of BYL's high head-office expenses, and the upmarket head office in South Perth was instanced as an example of profligacy. My post of 06/09/15, #15944150 stated in part:

“On slimming down expenses, I gave Johnmcgee's post a tick, but I do not know enough to add to what he wrote. My instincts tell me that there is fat to be trimmed. For one, I do not know why BYL has its head office at Level 2, 72 Melville Parade, South Perth, rather than at its Maddington workshop premises, and what the HO rent is.”

Because I functioned for many years as a one-man business advising large organisations where to save money, I discussed the high HO expenses with the previous CEO over the phone, and I offered to run my eye over BYL's expenses, which the CEO of the time accepted. However, for one reason or another, I never got around to going to Perth, and some of my suggestions would have gone down like a lead balloon. My consulting experience was that if the man at the top wastes money, the organisation culture is usually not thrifty, so Alan Brierty's focus on yachting did not bode well for BYL, and he might have been the guy who selected the HO venue, which is close to the South Perth Yacht Club. Who would have brought the seat sniffer into the fold, and why?

It is difficult to change a company's culture, and this may be why having the company acquired by a company that has a deep-seated culture of thrift may be required. If Ray Bushnell follows the path that Badger took to save Toad of Toadhall from himself, BYL may be saved.

On the efficacy and value of the long-standing Chairman, I'll remain silent.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BYL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.