CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 22 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    HI Greatone,

Some good points here, but with the greatest respect, I'd challenge a few things of your statement.

1. Management have paid out a lot in dividends previously. Also how does whether the money is paid as salary, or as company dividend effect a directors personal tax rate? It doesn't. At the end of the day your personal tax rate is based on your income - regardless of source.

I'd also challenge the fact that director's are paid very high salaries? The chairman of the company is made $80K + super. He is a major shareholder and the only way he 'gets paid' is through dividends - that's to the benefit of all other shareholders.

The cash is not their own cash, it is the companies cash - that's just totally incorrect sorry. They would have to pass resolutions to increase salaries and wages of executives - as per a companies constitution - otherwise it would be paid out in dividends to all shareholder (as it has been before).

I broadly view management's large interest as positive. They have skin in the game. One does need to watch if salaries increase significantly over-time, if shareholders are diluted, or if there are related party transaction to directors as "consultancy fees"...etc. I don't see any evidence of that occuring however, or happening much in the past? Happy to be proven wrong on this!

2. Africa - perhaps short-term yes you may be right. However, Africa population will double in next 30 years, it's a big growth region. Short-term, I believe that they will benefit from Gold prices (see West African Gold Resources share price - a key client), commodity prices raising, Iron Ore boom in Australia and infrastructure boom.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.