LYL 0.00% $13.70 lycopodium limited

HI Greatone, Some good points here, but with the greatest...

1. 22 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    HI Greatone,

Some good points here, but with the greatest respect, I'd challenge a few things of your statement.

1. Management have paid out a lot in dividends previously. Also how does whether the money is paid as salary, or as company dividend effect a directors personal tax rate? It doesn't. At the end of the day your personal tax rate is based on your income - regardless of source.

I'd also challenge the fact that director's are paid very high salaries? The chairman of the company is made $80K + super. He is a major shareholder and the only way he 'gets paid' is through dividends - that's to the benefit of all other shareholders.

The cash is not their own cash, it is the companies cash - that's just totally incorrect sorry. They would have to pass resolutions to increase salaries and wages of executives - as per a companies constitution - otherwise it would be paid out in dividends to all shareholder (as it has been before).

I broadly view management's large interest as positive. They have skin in the game. One does need to watch if salaries increase significantly over-time, if shareholders are diluted, or if there are related party transaction to directors as "consultancy fees"...etc. I don't see any evidence of that occuring however, or happening much in the past? Happy to be proven wrong on this!

2. Africa - perhaps short-term yes you may be right. However, Africa population will double in next 30 years, it's a big growth region. Short-term, I believe that they will benefit from Gold prices (see West African Gold Resources share price - a key client), commodity prices raising, Iron Ore boom in Australia and infrastructure boom.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.70
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $544.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 357 $14.38

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.02 33 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.46am 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.