LYL 0.15% $13.68 lycopodium limited

Hi mate. I understand what you are saying. But don't agree on...

1. 849 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1133
    Hi mate.
    I understand what you are saying. But don't agree on everything.
    I agree the management influence is fantastic. It is why the company is so well run. I am also a big fan of lyl they have a history of cash generation which proves they are a business throwing off cash. And I agree they have paid dividends.
    However they have 50m to 100m cash sitting in their bank accounts. So they have not paid out everything in dividends not even by a long way. This cash shoes the company is conservatively run so it is a good thing.
    This cash is profits and has had tax paid on it at the company tax rate which is much lower than the top personal tax rate.
    For a company like BHP it makes sense to pay dividends because a lot of their ownership is super funds paying 15 percent tax. For a company where the owners is mostly individuals it does not make sense because the personal tax rate is higher than the company tax rate. So the logic behind a company paying dividends is driven by the tax system. That is why American companies pay less dividends that Australian companies because their tax system is different.
    I agree the chairman is only paid a small fee but if you look at the dividends he receives it would out him in the top tax bracket. And the executive directors do receive high salaries plus dividends.
    I doubt that Lyco will be paying out a huge special dividend even though it has more cash on its balance sheet than it needs. Personally I would like to see them do a buyback at this low share price.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.68
Change
-0.020(0.15%)
Mkt cap ! $544.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.67 $13.68 $13.67 $20.45K 1.496K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 162 $13.65

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.80 1108 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.04am 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.