BOC 0.93% 53.0¢ bougainville copper limited

The ABG, through its Department of Mineral and Energy Resources...

1. 13,795 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2271
    The ABG, through its Department of Mineral and Energy Resources and other
    relevant departments, will work together with the landowner groups to facilitate a
    process towards the reopening of the mine.
    While no decisions have been taken regarding a proponent, Bougainville Copper will
    continue to constructively engage with landowners and the ABG in support of their
    aims.
    Legacy Impact Assessment
    Bougainville Copper supports an agreement reached by Rio Tinto and residents of
    mine-affected communities to identify and assess legacy issues linked to the Panguna
    mine.
    The Panguna Mine Legacy Impact Assessment will identify and assess actual and
    potential environmental and human rights impacts and develop recommendations
    for addressing them.
    During the mine’s past operation Bougainville Copper Limited was majority-owned
    by Rio Tinto. A multi-stakeholder committee, of which Bougainville Copper is one of
    16 members, was established in conjunction with the ABG to oversee the legacy
    assessment.
    The oversight committee has conducted its first meeting and has endorsed a process
    to identify a suitably qualified firm to carry out the technical impact assessment
    work. A contractor is expected to be appointed in April 2022.
    The work will be mostly funded by Rio Tinto. Bougainville Copper has agreed to
    contribute provided the final methodology is endorsed by the stakeholder committee,
    the work can be completed safely, and an appropriate funding mechanism is agreed.
    EL1 Tenure
    The Judicial Review of the decision by the Autonomous Bougainville Government
    (ABG) to refuse an extension of the Company’s Exploration Licence (EL1) should
    proceed in the PNG National Court during 2022

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
53.0¢
Change
-0.005(0.93%)
Mkt cap ! $214.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
53.5¢ 53.5¢ 53.0¢ $433 815

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9450 53.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
54.0¢ 8 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.52pm 06/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BOC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.