BOC 0.93% 53.5¢ bougainville copper limited

Step by step...

1. 364 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7

Step by step forward.smile.png

Source:
    https://postcourier.com.pg/panguna-mine-issue-to-be-discussed/

...........Mr Toroama said the signing of the joint resolutions signified the beginning of a new chapter for Bougainville. This will pave way for both the National Government and the ABG to discuss further the Panguna Mine issue at the next JSB in Port Moresby in early April. ABG is the major shareholder in BCL. The ABG’s current shares in BCL as a company, makes it a significant shareholder with more than one-third of total holdings. The National Government has also undertaken as most recently as December 2021 to divest its remaining shares to the ABG...........

Source:
    https://www.australianmining.com.au/news/rio-tinto-invites-industry-to-wastewater-challenge/

........Rio Tinto invites industry to wastewater challenge

Rio’s relationship with wastewaterThe concept of wastewater recovery hits especially close to home for Rio Tinto after a long history of dealing with the issue at the Panguna copper mine in Papua New Guinea.In July 2021, the miner agreed to assess the lasting environmental impacts of the mine after the local community called for action.Rio Tinto chief executive Jakob Stausholm said the company was actively engaging in the investigation process.“Stakeholders have raised concerns about impacts to water, land and health and this process will provide all parties with a clearer understanding of these important matters, so that together we can consider the right way forward,” Stausholm said in mid-2021.Despite not having had access to the mine since 1989 – 29 years before Stausholm joined the company – the chief executive showed understanding of the importance of taking responsibility for past actions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
53.5¢
Change
-0.005(0.93%)
Mkt cap ! $214.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
54.0¢ 55.5¢ 53.5¢ $15.86K 28.91K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3775 53.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
53.5¢ 870 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.21pm 05/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
53.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 0.93 %)
Open High Low Volume
55.5¢ 57.0¢ 53.5¢ 3495
Last updated 14.21pm 05/06/2024 ?
BOC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.