AKP 0.00% $6.20 audio pixels holdings limited

Ann: Preliminary Final Report, page-18

1. 1,140 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1064
    So, the first chips off the production line by the end of this quarter - that happened quick! BAM!

It's an interesting point @caredes but I don't think they see it as 'financial pressure'. A few million here and there before a significant raise isn't a big deal to Fred and co.

I'd suggest that the directors don't want to raise money at this SP - it's too cheap. They may look to raise a little later after an initial sales agreement and/or after the 'public exposure' milestone. A successful marketing campaign with the chip front and centre and sentiment could change in a heartbeat.

@brick6 - I'm not sure the Chinese will steal the IP - would it be in their interests? AKP has many patents in key territories - the consumer electronics market is enormous - if they steal the IP, the products can't be sold in the major markets where the patents exist. Why steal it if you can't sell it to Sony, Apple, Samsung etc.

And... could they steal the IP in the first place? We know from a previous ann that steps have been taken to encrypt the source code - so once encrypted and parsed to byte code, would it not be hard (if not impossible) to reengineer? And this invention is as much about the software as it is about the hardware, so you would need some IP thieves with a very very particular skill set.

I'd be more worried about straight-up fraud by the Chinese rather than anything to do with the IP - look at PET; stealing the idea behind a clay would have been pretty simple compared to what's involved with AKP, yet the Chinese directors choose to act fraudulently. I can't say I'm worried about either scenario as yet; I'm sure management would have considered these things.

Good luck all, bring on the AGM!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.