HLF 0.00% 0.7¢ halo food co. limited

It is clear now, that the prelim report has not damaged the...

1. 633 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 207
    It is clear now, that the prelim report has not damaged the SP.

If I try to do an Enterprise Value (market cap + debt - cash and equivalents), and divide that by the SOI, then I get a value of 6c per share. I am wondering if that could be the reason that the SP has not tanked. I am unsure about my thinking here, since adding on debt increases the EV, and therefore the value per share. I understand the formula requires it, and it makes sense to me for a stock that is profitable (when debt is cheaper than equity). Not the case here.
    Someone with good knowledge is required here.

Page 5 of the report is in my opinion a good statement of how the business model performs on a cash flow basis (i.e. "unencumbered" by accountancy considerations):

• receipts from customers went up by 37% yoy to $92.2m
    • payments to suppliers and employees went up by 35% yoy to $94.2m
    = economics of scale not kicking in.

adding in interest paid, the net loss from operating activities went up by 56% yoy to $3.856 (from $2.446m)

I think page 5 is a good descriptor of how the business works as such, since there are no write down, value adjustments, non-cash items etc involved. It therefore gives an insight of how the money was flowing yoy, and what the management had to work with.

Replies and insights are welcome, and I stand to be corrected. Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HLF (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.