HLF 0.00% 0.7¢ halo food co. limited

You might be right ...But they did all that in the run up to it....

1. 631 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 207
    You might be right ...

But they did all that in the run up to it. In my view, THM just compounded their problems, there were needing a CR then already in my judgement, and the acquisition made it so easy to disguise the need for a CR for their current business. I believe their business model does not work at all, and at any scale. HLF has accumulated $74m in losses over the years in its quest to become profitable (see Accumulated losses on page 5 of the report)

I am skeptical that CM of 50m is sufficient, the whole idea is to gain the benefits of scale. Last year, when scale of $59m was not enough, the acquisition of THM and their perceived profitability (not quite as forthcoming as later months showed) looked like a way to gain that elusive profitability. Now, HLF is on the way back.

It is a similar case with them taking up debt. The debt allowed them to turn a "bigger wheel". Now, the debt is too expensive and large, so HLF is reducing the debt (as they must), but that also means they go back to square one.

Currently - the way I see it - management is proposing nothing new, apart from selling parts or the whole ... going forward. Selling out is a phrase that comes to my mind.

Buying in now is like taking a chance that someone else buys in ... and the SP goes from 1.1c to 1.9c (or somewhere there); that would a good profit for a punt. A punt that is to risky for me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HLF (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.