MYG 16.9% 76.0¢ mayfield group holdings limited

I first put this company on my watch list after I saw the...

1. 3,623 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 774
    I first put this company on my watch list after I saw the announcement of the increased dividend and huge increase in cash balance.

I didnt buy and was cautious because I have never seen a similar announcement showing such a big increase in cash without full explaination.

The accounts today show the unusually large increase in cash was mostly due to
    1. a $4m reduction in receivables, ie customers paid their invoices quicker,
    2. a $4m increase in contract liabilities, ie appears they are receiving advance payments from customers before doing the work.

Both these changes are one-off situations which cant be consistently repeated.

I cant find any commentary in the reports about why these changes have occurred which is disappointing.

I do now question why managment selectively disclosed some financials in the way they did. They disclosed “cherry picked” statistics which
    gave a glossy picture but did not give investors an accurate picture of the financials.
    I expect managment of companies I own to give shareholders accurate information about the company, not to mislead them.
    So I wont look any further into this company and its off my watch list now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
76.0¢
Change
-0.155(16.9%)
Mkt cap ! $69.51M
Open High Low Value Volume
91.0¢ 91.0¢ 72.5¢ $209.1K 259.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3951 74.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
76.0¢ 11791 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MYG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.