ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 16,933 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8394
    "Based on FY 24 figures and a share price of 80c, the stock has a PE 24 of 14.4 and a free cash flow yield of 9.6 % (if we look at the free cash flow of 5.5 m$, excluding the favourable impact of working capital)."

Hmmm, I think it's very libertine to capitalise EPS which have been boosted by a tax benefit. Far more reasonable, I feel, to exclude the tax benefit. Or, as a matter of prudence, my preference would be to use EPS after the application of a notional tax expense, in which case trailing EPS becomes something like 3.7cps, implying a P/E multiple of around 21x.

But in this company's case, there is a very large discrepancy between accounting profits (per the P&L) and cash profits (per the Cash Flow Statement), implying that the P&L probably understates the earnings capacity of the company, so I do think that using FCF multiples (or FCF yields) presents the truer valuation picture.

(Why there is such a discrepancy between the P&L and the Cash Flow Statement I've not had chance to figure out, but at some point when I have some spare time, I'll conduct the reconciliation exercise to discern how the company and its auditors account for profits and expenses.)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.