RAP 0.00% 20.5¢ resapp health limited

I also think this will rebound next week if not this week, but...

1. 169 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    I also think this will rebound next week if not this week, but not because of the technology etc...

I beg to differ here, but ResApp's technology is not groundbreaking at all, it's not even novel. The novelty is to apply what's already known to pneumonia.
    Longitudinal and transverse waves have been used in medicine since 1950s. X-ray and ultrasound being the prime examples of use of longitudinal waves in medicine, while MRI, CTScan being the examples of transverse waves. Sound is longitudinal wave, which can carry its own footprint or signature due to different patterns it creates. In fact, this is one of the major limitations of this app which is not highlighted in any of the 3 original publications. Humans have quite different sound wave patterns, which result with a large variety of sound signatures. ResApp technology recognises cough-related sound signature. But such signatures can vary significantly between different people based on many factors. ResApp is making a one big assumption that these signatures do not vary across a population, but there is no evidence to validate this point. The only way to prove their assumption is not wrong is to run a massive clinical trials with total sample size >10,000. This alone is only one of the limitation of this technology.

Overall, Resapp technology is novel for applying sound classification to diagnose pneumonia. And that's a great idea, I agree. But this is nowhere near groundbreaking. The only thing groundbreaking about ResApp is that it's amazing ability to market such a product as a paradigm shifting technology. Silicon Valley LaunchFest is the address if you really want to see some groundbreaking technologies.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.