BSL 0.45% $22.25 bluescope steel limited

"China Green Industrial Approach" you have got to be joking. Is...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,718 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 221
    "China Green Industrial Approach" you have got to be joking. Is there another country in the world that needs to close down their industries due to pollution levels that are only there because they didn't add sufficient pollution controls on their equipment

Raw material prices go high when there are supply issues, steel prices increase more than the IO increase (not enough production), dollar margins increase for the likes of BSL however not good for the end users as increased prices are passed on.

Unrestricted IO supply forces IO prices lower, more steel is produced which swings the equation to an oversupply situation where many producers fight to sell the extra steel they are now producing and the steel price falls rapidly(look up death spiral). This has happened many times in the last 20 years where supply exceeds demand. This is why BSL as much as they could removed themselves from direct exports.

BSL was the equivalent of a $50 share before the GFC however franked dividend were really good at that time. While BSL is in expansion mode (Northstar), buying back shares and only giving out small unfranked dividends, I don't know why people would buy into BSL at current prices unless they are very certain about where the company will be in a couple of years. In two years I'm hoping we will have used up our tax losses, finished Northstar and be a $40 share. IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BSL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.