MAY 9.52% 2.3¢ melbana energy limited

Ann: Preparations underway for start of Zapato-1 exploration well, page-121

1. 3,626 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1134
    I think there is a general view that they will re enter Alameda 1, at some point. I consider this unlikely and is more a face saver than a genuine intent. My reasons are best put by afawcett above.
    Clearly next intent is to attack Zapato with the current rig which should be able to handle the conditions.
    Personally if I were going to drill 4km I think a 15k PSI would have been a wise choice in the first place.
    The plan after Zapato is to return to Alameda with the current rig and drill the upper sheet. When this produces a good flow I would hope they would simply drill more and get a decent cash flow up and running. Drilling is easy : knife thru butter.
    Some were talking of combining a new attack on Marti with this well. Bollocks , I think. They will learn from this well.
    As I stated over the last week there has been much too much emphasis on a flow test. We were down to 1 in 3 anyway and this knee jerk reaction with the SP is exactly what I was trying to prepare people for at some personal cost. The fundamentals are very strong and the failure to flow test in an exploration well is unfortunate only.
    As a recent post points out I hope all effort by Mx is directed at getting some reliable guidance out to SH regarding the resource estimates in the Alameda and Marti which will bring the focus back to fundamentals.
    Like everybody I wanted a good flow test as I have a lot of oppies that need converting H/E I think there is plenty of time still to sept 12th to get the SP to a point I dont have to sell too many to convert them.
    Lastly I think Marti is huge, we should get some guidance soon but I think it will be bigger than anybody can reasonably expect. I am hopeful they will attack the lower hanging fruit first with Zapato? followed by upper sheet and then Alameda , all in production, then have another crack at Marti. Just giving us a resource estimate will do the job if it's as good as I suspect.
    Thanks for asking.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.3¢
Change
0.002(9.52%)
Mkt cap ! $77.51M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.2¢ 2.3¢ 2.2¢ $83.23K 3.644M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 310691 2.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.4¢ 3542587 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.