MAY 3.85% 2.5¢ melbana energy limited

Ann: Preparations underway for start of Zapato-1 exploration well, page-430

1. 3,590 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1872
    Jwoody1000,

Basically you need to have the proper equipment or well design to handle such pressures. It could be that this equipment is on its way and hence the move to Zapato makes sense. A larger blow out preventer or special casing, more mud and various other bits and pieces. Much of this will be sourced internationally, what I’m concerned about is that Zapato could have similar characteristics.

We might be in a more prolific section of the basin and hence more energetic with over pressured reservoirs. I think that the resource potential estimates will get a nice kick from results so far. As many of these structures are close and that the sealing fault system is robust I wouldn’t be surprised if stratigraphic trapping is a big possibility. This is when discoveries become much larger beyond the structural closures interpreted and a series of traps become a large deposit connected.

The fractures are also a product of the folding/thrust geological forces. Where the rock unit becomes brittle from directional stresses and fractures occur.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.5¢
Change
-0.001(3.85%)
Mkt cap ! $84.25M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.5¢ 2.6¢ 2.5¢ $4.699K 187.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 2529724 2.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.6¢ 994133 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.19pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.