MAY 6.25% 3.0¢ melbana energy limited

Ann: Preparations underway for start of Zapato-1 exploration well, page-599

1. 610 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 89
    Drill pressures and how its done.

Pre-drill pressure prediction

Before drilling, pressure is modeled in the pressure cell (bordered by geological faults) where the well is located. The model is run several hundred times where parameters not known for certain influencing the over pressure are varied slightly. Each simulation results in a pressure prognosis for the well. The mean result as well as the std. deviation is depicted together with the hydrostatic and lithostatic pressure. With greater depths the uncertainty in pressure increases Pressure prediction while drilling.During drilling real time resitivity and sonic data is used for pressure prediction. Using these measurements the pressure is calculated, Equation for Eaton’s method is given below:

Resistivity:

Pobs= s- ( s- pn) ( RSh,obs /Rsh ,n)nr

with nr = 1.2

Equation of pressure from sonic log using Eaton’s method

Pobs= s- ( s- pn) ( ΔTSh,obs /ΔTsh ,n)ns

with ns = 3.0

s = Overburden stress (Pa) and is given as a function of the average formation bulk density.

pn = Normal pore pressure (Pa) and is a function of the average formation fluid density.

RSh = Shale resistivity (Ùm)

ΔTSh,= Shale travel time (s/m)

Note that subscript “obs” refers to the observed (actual pressured) condition and subscript “n” refers to the hydrostatic (normally pressured) condition.

The corrected drilling exponent for normally compacted/pressured formation can be inferred from offset wells at the same depth, or from extrapolation of trend data in the normally compacted/pressured formation.

From the Monte-Carlo runs and the observed pressure calculated from the resitivity, sonic, and drilling exponent can calculate weights wi given to each simulation run i, based on the log data information. In basin modeling, these weights are calculated based on observed pressures Pobs from a calibration measurement using below equations:
    wi= N / ( ∑an (pnmod(i) –pnobs)2

where N is the number of calibration depths, ‘n’ refers to the well depth, an is a weight of importance applied to each calibration depth.
    pmod(i ) is the modeled overpressure for depth ‘n’ in run ‘i’, and
    pobs is the observed (measured)

overpressure for the calibration depth. An estimator for the most likely value of p is then

p= pmod(i) wi/ ∑wi

In this implementation we calculate pobs as the arithmetic average of the pore pressure calculated according to resistivity, sonic and drilling data. If one of these is missing, it is ignored.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.0¢
Change
-0.002(6.25%)
Mkt cap ! $101.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.1¢ 3.1¢ 2.8¢ $248.3K 8.453M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 750509 2.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.0¢ 24364 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MAY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.