PTX 0.00% 4.7¢ prescient therapeutics limited

PTX back to the base line of 17.5c as everyone knows. I'm...

1. 6,249 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1198
    PTX back to the base line of 17.5c as everyone knows. I'm reminded once again of SYC having to come out and reassure holders recently when the SP was around 13.5c and remind people that the SP is not a reflection of the company's prospects or fortunes. Shortly thereafter it went up above 20c; a nice return for those who listened. Volumes are so small that it only takes a few holders who drop out for reasons of their own to move the SP in an outsized manner at the margins.

I don't expect SYC to publicly hold the shareholders' hands again. TBH, it's not his job. He has much more important things to look after internally and if he does that, the SP will look after itself. I don't think any shareholders are actually worried about the company's fortunes but maybe just have too much time on their hands and are trying to strategize a way to eek out a few extra shares selling and buying parcels or maybe even hewing to the trope about "capital preservation" that one reads in financial advice booklets.

This is all down to hyped US valuations coming back to earth like FEDEX who's SP became overblown by a good 20% due to a loud-mouthed, perma-bull CEO who had every incentive to big-note himself with wild predictions that he now has to walk back publicly with not a hint of shame or embarrassment. What a contrast to our own CEO.

Note that SYC has never projected juicy numbers out there and goosed the market with breathless, extrapolated, potential earnings like many, many (primarily miners) do on the ASX because it would be irresponsible. But no good deed goes unpunished. Without some luscious, lucrative $ carrot sign held out in front of donkeys, you can't ignite meme stock status. He has mentioned the market size and current treatment costs, of course, in order to explain the basic market potentials but then he focuses on how much less PTX will do it better for, lol. But that's his schtick. Bringing solutions to market without (financially) killing the patient.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $37.85M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.7¢ 4.7¢ 4.6¢ $9.868K 212.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 213388 4.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.7¢ 276024 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.7¢
  Change
0.000 ( 2.17 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.6¢ 4.7¢ 4.5¢ 243758
Last updated 15.01pm 05/06/2024 ?
PTX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.