BSE 0.00% 25.0¢ base resources limited

I held quite a few shares in Sezzle, an out of favour BNPL...

1. 883 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 107
    I held quite a few shares in Sezzle, an out of favour BNPL stock. When they announced that they were quitting the ASX to trade on the NASDAQ the price on the ASX tanked badly, right down to below $10 US equivalent. A lot of Australian investors who didn't want the hassle of opening a US trading account sold out at whatever they could get.

I held on somewhat nervously because I thought they were badly undervalued. Within a few weeks of quitting the ASX and listing on the NASDAQ, SEZL took off. All the Aussie investors who wanted out were out and the far greater liquidity and more generous valuations of the US exchange kicked in. The stock got driven up as high as US $100, although I unfortunately couldn't resist locking in a $165k profit by selling in the high sixties.

The point of this story is that quitting the ASX isn't anything to be feared. I had to find a broker that did DRS conversions, although not sure this is necessary for the NYSE. That was a minor pain and getting the paperwork done and snail mailed to me was a drag, but well worth the small investment of time.

I would expect that after the initial sell off in UUUU due to US investor uncertainty about the deal, soon the remaining holders will be people who understand the positive dynamics of the deal and the price will track back up. The UUUU chart shows that it is currently hitting a well established long term support level. There might be another bout of weakness when Australian investors get their UUUU shares and move to cash in their profits, but I expect that to be fairly short lived. My guess is that by the time the traditional Christmas rally kicks in, most of the weak hands will be gone and UUUU will be a good place to be.

BSE looks cheap to me. UUUU trading down to its support levels, but the uranium boom is not over in my opinion, just taking a breather. The fundamentals that ushered in the U bull market haven't changed much. Current uncertainty about the deal is putting pressure on the UUUU price, current general market conditions are volatile and skittish, uranium is temporarily seeing a sell off, etc, all in all looks like a lot of potential upside to me. Just an opinion. DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BSE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
25.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $294.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.5¢ 25.0¢ 24.5¢ $563.6K 2.275M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 735229 24.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.0¢ 1342821 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
24.5¢
  Change
0.000 ( 2.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
25.0¢ 25.0¢ 24.5¢ 1138285
Last updated 15.55pm 03/05/2024 ?
BSE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.