RNU 1.14% 8.7¢ renascor resources limited

The right Managing Director for the right phase of the...

1. 1,231 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2728
    The right Managing Director for the right phase of the project.

Listening through many of the New World Metals Conference presentations including David Christensen’s (DC) again, made me realise how fortunate we are at Renascor. There is no doubt that you need a balance of skills to be a Managing Director (MD). Not everyone has what it takes and as companies grow it can expose weaknesses. It may also be the difference between a companies ultimate success or failure. A combination of overconfident and arrogance MD’s can be damaging. If you don’t know what I mean consider this recent study: Click here.

A hubris demeanour doesn’t go down well. This aspect of MDs I think is particularly evident when their is no barrier to entry for commodities and excitement overtakes. For instance, you might make a great MD in the exploration phase but that doesn't mean you'll make a good one when you're entering the development phase.

As Australia enters the new-age energy world, it needs a calibre of MD’s who are up for the task. Having met DC and many other MD’s, this is where I believe we have the right person.From an investors’ perspective, based on DC’s past public performances and now this most recent one, it’s not hard to see that he is in his element and the right MD to take us through to production. His past experience as MD at Heathgate working on development projects in the uranium sector is testament to that. However, it’s also the clarity of information presented and his unique set of interpersonal skills that many of the other presenters lack that could be advantageous for us. For it's the ability to negotiate finance and close contracts (achieved behind closed doors) that you need to be able to trust that your MD has the right diplomacy skills capable of managing international relations and handling the affairs at hand. This often requires a certain amount of tactfulness to navigate your way through awkward situations. A bit of charisma also helps!

Therefore, it’s no accident that DC has so far managed to secure discussions with 4 major Anode players, and has the ear of the EFA, CEFC and Government at all levels. What news could be on the short-term horizon is anybodies guess.

At this critical junction, I believe Australia has too many MD cowboys, who have an ‘overweight’ belief in their own self important. Thankfully, not so us.

Exciting times for the green kangaroo.

All in my opinion, DYOR, GLTA(patent)H

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.