HAS 3.17% 30.5¢ hastings technology metals ltd

I like your sense of humour @spreme... lots of research,...

1. 2ic
    5,566 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4551
    I like your sense of humour @spreme... lots of research, "Source: Conversation with Bing, 19/2/2024" tongue.png My wife tutors high school students in English. They all use AI to help submit their school assignments, then parents beg for a spot with her in Year 12 so they can actually pass the sitting test and be accepted to Uni... AI is great for generating a basic understanding and links to DYOR and follow-up fact check, but it's no substitute for understanding and reaching an accurate conclusion.

"the need for rare earth minerals will skyrocket by **2030**"... but it hasn't yet and probably won't as EV makers substitute RE-perm magnets for FE-perm-mags and externally excited induction motors (no Perm-mag required).

"These are essential for EV batteries, wind turbines"... as above, and new windmill designs are shifting to 'geared' designs, smaller different sizes etc

"Australia holds the third-largest rare earth oxide resource globally, with **3.19 million tonnes**¹"... the world is awash in uneconomic RE deposits, and explorers are discovering new ones all the time (ie Ionic clays in Brazil)

"While China dominates the rare earth market, Australia aims to strengthen its position"... wishing and doing are very different things lol

"Projects like **Arafura Resources' Nolans rare earth project** in the Northern Territory are progressing"... yeah, been progressing for almost 15 years lol

**Downstream Processing**: Australia is moving away from simply extracting and exporting raw materials. The focus is shifting toward **downstream processing**... yeah, see ILU and their struggles to make seperated RE-Oxide products profitably from free, stockpiled monazite and an almost free $1.3B government loan. I'm a huge fan of that deal, because ILU could have simply made $1B dollars by selling the mon-con to China riosk free and be done with it...

"Arafura hopes to capitalize on the growing demand by starting production at the Nolans project in late **2024**¹"... see Waiting For Godot lol

I'm sure you get my point... narratives are all well and good, but I prefer gritty reality.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HAS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
30.5¢
Change
-0.010(3.17%)
Mkt cap ! $53.79M
Open High Low Value Volume
31.5¢ 32.0¢ 30.5¢ $200.8K 647.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 27495 30.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
31.0¢ 1121 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
30.8¢
  Change
-0.010 ( 2.54 %)
Open High Low Volume
32.0¢ 32.0¢ 30.5¢ 207186
Last updated 15.58pm 03/05/2024 ?
HAS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.