PLS 1.05% $2.82 pilbara minerals limited

Not with a likely billion dollar capex bill awaiting WC8, plus a...

1. 9,776 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5211
    Not with a likely billion dollar capex bill awaiting WC8, plus a very likely costly flow sheet including flotation. WC8 also doesn’t offer anything PLS doesn’t already have (I.e. it provides future spodumene from Western Australia where the only real destination is China).

Brazil provides optionality with shipping direct to North America and Europe at very cheap rates.

Also (to borrow one of Dale’s favourite lines) - with ‘the fullness of time’ I think you’ll find Colina will end up producing at an AISC very close if not the same to Pilgangoora.

Brazil royalty regime - 2% (good luck finding royalty this low anywhere in the world)
    Brazil tax rates - 15% (see above).

In Australia, govt strips you bare, in Africa, governments are currently doing everything to extort ownership of some lithium mines, in Canada - you will be waiting for permits for 5 years and then dealing with some high costs for the privilege.

Brazil is clearly the stand out tier 1 mining jurisdiction and I think Dale has made a very wise choice here.

This is an incredible deal for PLS and unfortunately not the deal I had wanted as an LRS holder.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.82
Change
-0.030(1.05%)
Mkt cap ! $8.476B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.83 $2.92 $2.81 $22.65M 7.921M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
64 165380 $2.81

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.82 283457 43
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.04pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.