LTR 4.48% 96.0¢ liontown resources limited

hi @dynofish, yes the LTR confidence on production is very...

1. 1,329 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3589
    hi @dynofish, yes the LTR confidence on production is very strong and they seem raring to go. What I find interesting is the relentless shorting. The selling is still there to push the price down on a day after the funding issue has been resolved where virtually every press commentator has called it a great funding deal. Furthermore on a day when other lithium shares are green the selling has resumed. We must be close to the last hurrah here with shorters. If "someone" as @anatol speculated was behind the shorting to weaken LTR for a fire sale take over that has now been addressed by the Koreans. The small print on the release made it clear that LG would have to vote to reject any takeover offer if the LTR Board rejected such an offer so Gina has been weakened by this and the Board strengthened. As soon as LTR produces according to specs and our off takers start receiving spod I cannot see any reason for the shorting to continue at this relentless pace. Most will move to cover surely as we will be treated as a producer like PLS. Am I missing something here? Do you or others here have a different view? Any continued shorting could be assuming the lithium price will drop a lot further but as many have said here as well as LTR, we will not be selling to China or through China but to the West and it will be a premium product from a guaranteed source. The price we will secure will certainly be higher and as Tony O has said several times recently the West should not rely on China lepidolite or West Africa for too long.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
96.0¢
Change
-0.045(4.48%)
Mkt cap ! $2.328B
Open High Low Value Volume
99.0¢ $1.02 95.5¢ $12.30M 12.53M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 73560 96.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
96.5¢ 10309 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.