BGD 4.17% 25.0¢ barton gold holdings limited

As per the podcast:It is 130km between Tarcoola and the...

1. 452 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 662

As per the podcast:

It is 130km between Tarcoola and the Challenger mill as the crow flies. 160km by highway – costs about $20/ tonne to truck / haul this ore to the mill. The mill is very efficient - $29/tonne to process and has 94.5% recoveries. Therefore total costs are only $49/tonne from Tarcoola. As Barry Fitzgerald mentions and something to note - many mines in WA are currently trucking over 200-300km with grades from 1.5-2g - Tarcoola grades have been historically far higher than that.

The plan is that the 60koz /year challenger mill will help iron out their processes and bring cashflow forward, as well as having the advantage of changing BGD's status from explorer to developer ahead of funding for the Tunkillia plant - this will help lower the cost of capital. By the sounds of things they'll be happy to pull the trigger on feasibility studies once they hit 2million ounces. Then, as the FS are in progress, they will continue to drill in parallel

Once Tunkillia 200koz mine is built, they will potentially have 2 mills going – approx. 260koz/year. Would need a bare minimum of 3mil oz of reserves to warrant this size of processing and achieve a 8-10 year LOM. Any further drilling would be to extend the LOM out past the 8-10 year period.

Personally I think they would need closer to 4mil to achieve this amount of production, as you can't expect to be able to economically mine every ounce captured within your delineated resource, b

There is a long way to go to achieve anything like this, but I'm really liking the clear direction.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BGD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
25.0¢
Change
0.010(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $54.66M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.0¢ 25.0¢ 23.5¢ $55.52K 226.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 14061 25.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.5¢ 3917 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BGD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.