AGL 0.26% $11.53 agl energy limited.

I have been looking at average historical spot prices for...

1. 79 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    I have been looking at average historical spot prices for electricity and I haven't been able to find an instance where it has surpassed $2,000 for an entire day (there was a $1,600 here and there).

https://aemo.com.au/en/energy-systems/electricity/national-electricity-market-nem/data-nem/data-dashboard-nem

NSW is currently at averaging $3,800 for today, would have to be a NEM record.

I don't think this is a good outcome for the transition and I would say as a society we have collectively underinvested in this critical infrastructure (when electricity was cheap, were we all willing to set aside $XX a bill for the future?, Yeah-nah we just wanted the good times to keep rolling and took this critical infrastructure for granted).

With water, its much easier to see when you have a drought and for it to spur action.

Without cheap/reliable electricity, the competitiveness of the entire nation is at risk.

Extremists on either side of the debate need to see themselves out and let the adults enact a pragmatic action plan to accelerate capacity asap (hint: it will include all forms of tech available today).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$11.53
Change
-0.030(0.26%)
Mkt cap ! $7.756B
Open High Low Value Volume
$11.50 $11.69 $11.48 $34.49M 2.980M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 16392 $11.53

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$11.57 8503 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.