SMP 0.54% 93.0¢ smartpay holdings limited

I believe the following article threatens the very existence of...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 141 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    I believe the following article threatens the very existence of the payments terminal business model over the next ~10 years. (I.e the implementation of direct bank -> bank payments facilitation, i.e cutting out the middle man).

Since my initial investment as a Smartpay shareholder in FY21, concerns about the risk of obsolescence have been frequently discussed.

The news of Apple's foray into the payments sector is finally the beginning of the manifestation of said obsolescence risk, in my opinon.

Obviously there are a lot more nuances to the game for SMP. For example, I believe that SMP's customer cohort (SME's, particularly cafe shop owners etc) are likely to be slower movers to change terminal technology. Such SME's typically don't carry large capital backing to invest in new technologies.

Apple's effervescent payments expansion is not an immediate threat, in my opinon. But as a SMP shareholder, it is something I am keenly following.

https://www.copyright link/companies/financial-services/apple-pay-on-a-roll-and-the-banks-are-rattled-to-their-cores-20230516-p5d8qf

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
93.0¢
Change
0.005(0.54%)
Mkt cap ! $225.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
93.0¢ 93.5¢ 92.5¢ $10.91K 11.74K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1088 92.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
93.0¢ 343 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.37pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SMP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.