VMT 0.00% 13.5¢ vmoto limited

Hi afd, I thought we'd agreed to disagree!! :p Happy to respond...

1. 200 Posts.
    Hi afd,

I thought we'd agreed to disagree!!

Happy to respond although I think this will be my last as best not to continually repeat ourselves.

In terms of performance NPAT will clearly increase (due to last year's one-off write-offs) but IMO underlying is decreasing due to:
    - Management changing from using underlying profit to NPAT- if underlying was actually increasing then we'd hear about it. Numbers-wise there will be some improvement on that NPAT number going to underlying for this year but not enough to reach last year's underlying of $4m.
    - Management using one-line commentary on profit rather than last year's headline news ('prudent' doesn't cut it)
    - Management outlook of 'soft sales' is not positive
    - Q1 sales already down on last year is a fact

I understand the argument of looking at NPAT as mainly there comes a point at which a company is held to account but probably more so for mature companies than those who's growth/decline is significantly diluted by one-timers. Each to their own of course.
    IMO Because of FY15 NPAT loss I think the market has priced in the company's under-performance. At $2m NPAT, a P/E of ~16 implies that's the case. As a result VMT has probably bought itself 12 months grace. The year after though is when the moment of truth will come.

Re director transactions, typically a director buy is a good thing and a director sell is bad. But it's not always so definitive. Every transaction has a buyer and seller. The key is who is driving it. Did Charles turn to one of his fellow Top 6 holders and beg them to buy their shares? If so, why is he not buying on market now given the SP is well below the 23c he paid then?
    You have to ask yourself why the seller agreed to the transaction. The answer IMO is that the seller wanted out not the buyer wanting in. Most likely it was the Nanjing guy. Charles was left with a decision of either letting this guys ~20m heads hit the market and destroy the SP or just buy them himself. In other words, he bought out of necessity rather than opportunity.
    Fair play to them for selling the story but I'm not buying it.

Alright, I'll leave it at that. I think we can agree we have different opinions.

I'll keep a watch out for what happens over the next 12 months as there are certainly prospects there. I like the story but not execution, hence my exit. Always happy to revisit but for now there are other prospects that are cheaper and actually growing.

All the best mate!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VMT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $56.45M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.5¢ 13.5¢ 13.5¢ $11.10K 82.25K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 100000 13.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.5¢ 20421 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.18am 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VMT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.