AJX 0.00% 0.8¢ alexium international group limited

Ann: President Obama announces innovation in fibers and textiles, page-52

1. 3,312 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 39
    I couldn't imagine AJX being a co-owner of the business. What I would imagine is that it would be a facility to test both new products and scale up of manufacturing of products yet commercialized.

What I would imagine would happen is that you would pay a fee or a % of revenue etc. on the work they did to assist you.

In essence similar to how the RST was developed by the DOD and while Alexium bought the rights to it, there is still a royalty fee attached to the base RST tech (i'm not sure if that applies to AJX's FR tech or whether it's voided due to the further research AJX have undertaken).

For instance. Lets say my new polyester that I talked about in my last post was developed directly by the Institute - I may pay a royalty fee of 2-3 % per garment produced on this, which would go 50/50 to the US govt and to the private corps who half own the institute.

Lets say Septa-Ester is then coated with Alexium and we do industry testing at the institute, as they (should) have facilities at which to do this. Myself and Alexium may pay a fee to use the facilities to perform said tests. This would allow for the testing to be undertaken in a controlled setting with industry experts and military personnel on hand to witness the effects firsthand.

I would imagine this is how it would be setup. Half Govt. Half Capital rich private backers, used to bring together new techs from capital poor start ups into one setting to allow the technologies to get from invention to utilisation in the field ASAP.

In terms of Alexium, I believe that as we aren't at the utilisation phase YET, and are just beginning commercial scale up, something that speeds up this process can only be a net positive.

Also (probably more importantly) it shows the level of intent of the US government to use new US based techs in the development of next gen gear.

I'm not certain if this is how it would work, I'm sure NC will divulge more at the Adelaide meeting. I personally feel that we've all underestimated the importance of this announcement but I don't really know.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.