APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

Ann: Press Commentary in Relation to Regulation, page-25

1. 5,877 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 305

I think most people on here are slightly missing the point.

Just look at the chart - and the wild upswing that then led to the downswing. This is insto manipulation at its finest - Goldman, Citi Group - probably others - who are putting out the glowing broker reports? Hmm...

We are talking very large sums changing hands each day - drive it up on hype, short it into the euphoria - drive it down with market weakness on Nasdaq (that they knew was coming). SMH would not have solely dropped this stock by 20% if they (the big instos) didn't want that to happen yesterday it would not have happened - yesterday was capitulation by shorts and probably massive stop loss hunting...you see it all the time.

Reason they are trading this so aggressively IMO is that it has likely a very large retail shareholder base (2 million users and all) that are very easily moved around...etc.

Pretty much why I only buy and hold the very best growth stocks and ignore all noise (unless there is something seriously fundamentally amiss)

I'm sorry for the novices who lost out and the budding traders who got whipsawed - but this is the market...

Last edited by Andrew1234: 18/10/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.