OMH 4.76% 44.0¢ om holdings limited

Ann: Press Release - FY17 financial statements, page-22

1. 12,106 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1759
    Its unfortunate that you cannot see from the OMH Financial report as to the profits made each Quarter.
    Thanks to King87's insight we can now determine each quarters profits for OM Sarawak's  by looking at their 25% partner CMSB's financial reports.
    http://www.cmsb.com.my/investor-relations/reports/quarterly-reports/
    I note that the profit reported by CMSB for the OM Sarawak smelting that the profits for the smelter increased by more than  50% from the third quarter to the 4th Quarter. Thats not fully unexpected as more furnaces came online and alloy prices increased.

From the CMSB financial report you can work out that the fourth quarter profits of OM Sarawak are more than AUD$30 million for the quarter. Although it still isn't fully representative of the profits going forward, as some furnaces didn't start till late in the Quarter and we still have one furnace which will produce metallic silicon and projected to start shortly. Add to that increased alloy prices, and OM Sarawak is already sold out until April.

The profits made at OM Sarawak, do not include the profits made on manganese ore used in the manufacture of Mn alloys, OMH will separate this and charge OM Sarawak the full price of Mn ore as per Metal Bulletin or similar pricing.
    I'd suggest that going forward OM Sarawak will make profits in excess or $150 million pa. and possibly more.
    Obviously this doesn't include OM China ferro alloys, Bootu Ck manganese or Tshipi.

Dare I say it makes the likes of IGO a $2.6 billion company look a bit sick in comparison.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OMH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.