ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,264 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 578

The Capex numbers that came out where spoke only from memory and not the Hub. As such it was for selling black mass not the individual metals etc. So you could see this as a lithium developer selling DSO rather than refining spodumene all the way to Hydroxide where the extra value is really added. I'm sure NMT would be happy to sell just the spokes as that's why it was designed in a modular fashion but it was always with a view of selling the complete solution hub and spoke and the Modularity is so you could add Extra spokes as needed when recycling capacity increased.

Really though that's a question for the Company not me or anyone else on these threads if you want correct information. I suggest you give them a call or send them an email as they are very good with their communication.

As for Merc being a small player in EV.... All the Europeans are for now. The transition has started though, with even sports models like the C63, a model which I lust after now being a hybrid 4 cylinder a move which only a few years ago would have been universally hated. This is the beginning of the transition. To provide another example for something more mass market the Volkswagon Golf will be EV only from 2028.

I think you are coming at this transition slightly biased in your views with telsa being the global leader for EV as if they could never be matched or even overtaken in market share. BYD are getting mighty close to it already. Have a read of this article.
    https://www.investors.com/news/tesla-vs-byd-2023-comparing-ev-rivals-tsla-stock/

Also the European manufacturers have such as Mercedes have been building cars for over 100 years so to just instantly switch to EV would be borderline impossible and probably a Horrendous waste of money so are doing this transition slowly. There is a reason why these companies still exist though, They are bloody good at what they do and have learnt from making mistakes on the way and improved their products in doing so.

I don't personally own a telsa but I do have a good mate who does and is a lover of cars, not just like most of the worlds population that just see them as a mode from getting from point A to point B. He loves his tesla... loves it. But also notes the build quality is terrible, the panel gaps and the way the car is constructed is rubbish and admits he lives in an EV hotspot part of the world otherwise it would be a pain in the ass.

I have another mate who is a mechanic, His customer cracked the windscreen which happens to be the full roof length... (i cant remember the model sorry I think model 3?) and had to get it replaced. This was a year or so ago so might be a different story now but it ended up costing around 18,000 from memory (definitely over 15 and under 20k) Yes thats 18 with tree zeros. He had to fight with his insurance company to pay the claim as he wasn't at fault and they didn't want to pay it. They have now changed their policy premium's so that it costs significantly more for windscreen replacement on that particular model as a result. The did eventually pay out in the end by the way but i cant remember the insurer.

I'm not bringing these things up to say that all tesla's are terrible, merely to illustrate the point that they are also very far from perfect and that's without bringing up Elon's many broken promises about full auto driving which has been brought up before. So to think the Europeans can't gain market share by building a better product in a market that they have had experience in for over 100 years is probably a bit naïve or at best narrow minded.

Do you own a tesla Learner? Have you ever been in one?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NMT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.